Gilbert C. Martin Company, Inc.
Gilbert C. Martin, after returning home from his service in the Army during World War II and working for a short time at a building supply company, started Gilbert C. Martin Co. – Building Contractors in 1948. Starting out small, working with sub-contractors and suppliers, his company began to grow into what it is today. Building houses throughout the Tri-Cities area; and also developing several subdivisions in the City of Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie County, and Chesterfield County. Mr. Martin was a founding member of both the Home Builders Association of Southside Virginia (HBASSV) and the Home Builders Association of Virginia (HBAV). He served twice as president of the local association (HBASSV) and was inducted into their Hall of Fame in 2002; and was a Life Director and Build-PAC trustee for the state association (HBAV) which inducted him into their Hall of Fame in 2004.